Support Delivery Manager
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We foster a culture of innovation, authenticity, and collaboration. This focus helps to advance our mission of protecting our way of life in the digital age. Our people make this possible. It’s in our everyday interactions, how we work together and treat each other, that sets Palo Alto Networks apart from other organizations. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
We are looking for a Customer Support Delivery Team manager. The role is responsible to enable customer success with our award winning network security products. In this high growth business; scaling, optimization, dynamic spirit and sustained performance are the essentials. The Support Delivery team is a high performance group of engineers supporting business critical customer environments. This person will have responsibility for the front line support delivery team, and is expected to implement and optimize performance that will keep Palo Alto Networks at the forefront in the industry.
- Manage daily operations of a team of Technical Support Engineers in line with the organizational goals and objectives
- Customer Satisfaction: Customer support is a strategic differentiator for Palo Alto Networks, helping drive customer loyalty, referenceability and repeat business. You will be measured by ability achieve the customer satisfaction goals. Customer satisfaction is the single most important measurement of the support organization, and the best way to measure our ability to achieve our mission to “Make our customers successful!”
- Performance Management: Ensure that engineers have the resources and processes necessary to ensure success and sustained performance through release cycles. Mature and experienced guidance and direction to the team to deliver on organizational goals and objectives and maximize engineer opportunity to exceed targets and earn rewards and recognition. Responsibility for the team to meet organizational goals such as response time and resolve time goals.
- Training and Mentoring: Directly provide and otherwise ensure appropriate technical and soft skills training and mentoring. Ensure training is effectively addressing our goal to create a learning environment and maximizing customer satisfaction levels. Ensure that consistent and standard on-boarding training programs are used and delivered effectively.
- Propagate Goals & Objectives: Set team goals in-line with overall organizational goals. Also set specific goals for direct reports.
- Perform annual reviews of all direct reports; set quarterly SMART goals and provide regular feedback on performance with respect to agreed upon goals.
- Customer Escalation Management, triage, prioritize issues, negotiate customer priorities and manage expectations
- Build strong relationships with sales, customers and partners,
- 5+ years experience in managing Technical Support Engineers team
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent (MBA a plus)
- 5+ years experience in enterprise support and service delivery preferred
- Technical experience in the Network Security Industry
- Experience as a network administrator (or equivalent) in an NT or Unix environment
- Knowledge of Network Security (Routers, Switches, firewalls, VPN routers - Checkpoint, Juniper (Netscreen), Fortinet, Cisco)
- Background in internetworking, LAN, and WAN technologies
- Background in debugging broad, complex, and unique networks with mixed media and protocols
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.
Our Security Operating Platform is built for automation. It is easy to operate, with capabilities that work together, so customers can prevent successful cyberattacks. They can use analytics to automate routine tasks, so they can focus on what matters. We are known for continuously delivering innovations; and with Application Framework, we extend that to an open ecosystem of developers that benefit from our customers’ existing investment in data, sensors, and enforcement points.
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top