Staff IT Software Engineer - Infrastructure Manageability
- Bangalore, India
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
This position will be a part of a new Operations Infrastructure team and will be working and partnering with our Network, Compute, Security, Database, Applications, and additional teams to provide availability, reliability, and observability for our global IT infrastructure environments. You will help with building our next-generation IT operations through Automation, Code, Analytics, and continuous improvement.
We are looking for analytical, agile, and influential leaders who can quickly deliver meaningful results and solutions with the flexibility to accommodate evolving business needs and shifting priorities. Are you a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual who wants to contribute and make a difference? If yes, this job is for you!
This position is responsible for automation development in Palo Alto Networks’ (PANW) infrastructure for all enterprise, partner, and customer facing services. A successful candidate for this role will have strong Technical and organization skills. You will work with a team of senior level Network Engineers writing great quality software automation to create digital visibility and action taking mechanism for PANWs global WAN/LAN network infrastructure. We are seeking a software engineer with a passion for networking and aptitude for building scalable distributed systems.
- Designing and implementing the build, model, analyze and monitor process for PANW’s current and next generation networks.
- Collaborate with network engineers to automate various processes, build software infrastructure for network monitoring and analysis; provide data points for capacity planning and architecture change analysis.
- Work with multi-vendor network devices and protocols.
- Develop code to monitor network health, thresholds and systems that proactively analyze and mitigate service disrupting network events.
- Must have expert knowledge & 4+ years of experience working in Python/Go.
- Working knowledge of devops tools & processes such as Github, Jenkins, jFrog, Docker
- Working knowledge of MySQL databases.
- 3+ years experience in design and implementation of network monitoring & configuration management systems.
- Critical thinking and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Basic understanding of routing protocols BGP, OSPF and ISIS.
- Expert knowledge of Linux/Unix.
- Basic knowledge of firewalls technologies (PANW preferred).
- BSCS or related field with 5+ years of experience OR MSCS with 2+ years of experience
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, creating, building, and supporting tools and that enable our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving technical gaps that inhibit productivity.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Back to top