Sr. Software Engineer (Network Forwarding)
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We foster a culture of innovation, authenticity, and collaboration. This focus helps to advance our mission of protecting our way of life in the digital age. Our people make this possible. It’s in our everyday interactions, how we work together and treat each other, that sets Palo Alto Networks apart from other organizations. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
As a member of networking software group, you will be responsible for designing and developing next-generation firewall. You will take ownership for large software components, work with product management on user requirement, apply your knowledge to functional design, utilize your programming skills for efficient and robust implementation, and interact with quality assurance and field support teams in the whole software development cycle.
- Responsible for development of Next Gen Network Security Components and Protocols for State of the art firewall.
- Development of modules on MIPS and Intel network processors and interfacing with ASIC and FPGA HW Chips.
- Take ownership for large software components.
- Work with cross functional team members on user requirements, including but not limited to Product Management, QA, Support, etc.
- Work independently, bring up discussions, execute resources, etc.
- Proficient in C and familiar with Unix/Linux development environment and multi-processor programming.
- In-depth knowledge in selected network security fields such as: stateful firewall, packet processing, TCP stream inspection, network ACL, and HA.
- Working experience on data plane forwarding and network processor programming.
- Strong skills in large-scale software design and development.
- Team player, can-do attitude and ability to take initiative.
- Strong communication skills to work with cross-functional groups.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience.
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.
Our Security Operating Platform is built for automation. It is easy to operate, with capabilities that work together, so customers can prevent successful cyberattacks. They can use analytics to automate routine tasks, so they can focus on what matters. We are known for continuously delivering innovations; and with Application Framework, we extend that to an open ecosystem of developers that benefit from our customers’ existing investment in data, sensors, and enforcement points.
Back to top