Sr. Resident Engineer - Atlanta, GA
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
The Resident Engineer is an integral part of our mission within our Professional Services team. As a Resident Engineer, you will work on-site with our customer(s) supporting our mission to help them quickly and completely adopt our Security Operating Platform, leaving them more secure. This is a highly technical, hands-on role and you will develop and maintain expertise level skillsets on our products and solutions deployed within the customer's environment.
- Work full-time at the customer site
- Communicate with customer(s), sales teams, peers, engineering and support teams as appropriate
- Understand the customer environment, requirements, and security roadmap to implement the appropriate security solution
- Configure, implement, and maintain Security Operating Platform
- Optimize and migrate policies and objects from existing environment to our Next-Gen Firewall
- Test and validate migration environment
- Coordinate and execute cutover to production
- Provide guidance on code upgrades
- Facilitate development of new application and threat signatures
- Interact with our Technical Assistance Center (TAC) to understand and diagnose support cases
- Some travel may be required, dependent on customer request
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, business, or equivalent education/training/experience
- 5 years’ experience with network/security solutions and technologies
- 3 years’ experience managing security solutions in large environments
- You have detailed technical experience in the installation, configuration, and operation of high-end firewall appliances, ideally Palo Alto Networks products
- Experienced in internetworking, LAN, and WAN technologies
- Good understanding of Internet protocols and applications
- Possess the following industry certifications: CISSP, CCNA, CNSE, JNCIE-SEC
- Effectively handle multiple projects and work calmly under pressure
- Excellent writer, with strong verbal interpersonal skills, with demonstrable ability to communicate to senior leaders and technical peers
- Work with the customer's security & network teams to build confidence across the business units impacted by the change to Palo Alto Networks
Our professional services team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it just evolves. Our professional services team provides the behind-the-scenes support to meet our customer’s needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re a fast-growing, immensely successful organization because of our people and products (built and supported by our people). We work the frontlines against cyberthreats and attacks, protecting everyday transactions in the digital environment. It means we’re good at scaling quickly to new threats, get fulfillment from resolving new problems, and think about things just plain differently.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top