Sr. Quality Reliability Engineer
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Reliability Engineer to join our exciting, fast growing company. The candidate must be self-motivated and must thrive in an environment valuing teamwork, results, and creativity. The successful candidate will take ownership and drive the company’s quality and reliability in new product introduction as well as developing and implementing processes and systems to support product quality and reliability.
This position reports to the Technical Operations Quality Manager and works closely with Hardware Engineering, Product Management, Technical Support Engineering, Technical Operations and Supply Chain Management.
- Establish and maintain controls and document procedures related to product quality and reliability
- Aid Development and Production teams in introducing new products
- Define and execute initiatives to permanently eliminate quality and reliability issues
- Support executive level product quality and reliability reporting enabling product quality and reliability reviews
- Provide reliability inputs for quarterly business and quality reviews with suppliers
- Provide technical support for failure analysis and corrective and preventative action processes
- Provide support for statistical analysis such as sampling plans, design of experiments
- Provide technical support for electrical, electronic & mechanical component’s quality and reliability standards
- Act as a technical resource supporting root cause analysis down to chemistry and physics of failure
- Bachelor’s Degree in an applied science or engineering field and 8+ years of experience in reliability engineering or reliability centered quality work for networking products
- Creating credible failure rate predictions for components from their operational descriptions is a plus
- Has worked successfully directly with hardware, software and mechanical development teams
- Strong statistical, data analysis, investigative and problem-solving skills
- Design for reliability processes and quality improvement methodologies
- Experience with Quality Management Systems is a plus
- Proficient with Reliasoft Lambda Predict
- Willingness to travel when required
- Hardware product MTBF prediction experience required
- Working knowledge of Reliability and Quality Engineering tools such as Reliasoft tool suite or equivalent
- Familiar with reliability testing such as HALT, HAST, ORT and Fault Insertion Testing
- Key understanding of Design for Excellence methodologies
- Has been involved with the processes development, documentation and implementation including, but not limited to, NPI, DVT, DFx, Reliability and Risk Assessment, Failure Analysis, Root Cause, Corrective Action, etc.
Palo Alto Networks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a team culture that celebrates inclusion and diversity.
Back to top