Sr. Product Manager (Cloud Security-IaaS & PaaS)
Palo Alto Networks is building a world-class product management organization and continues to look for top-notch product managers to expand the team. As the Product Manager, Cloud Security, at Palo Alto Networks, you will be responsible for developing and driving products that secure applications and data in public clouds such as AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud, and related technologies such as continuous monitoring, storage security, data governance and compliance.
As a Product Manager at Palo Alto Networks, you will play a key role in innovating new features and products that uniquely solve customer problems. You will be expected to deliver product functionality for the area of ownership that matches Palo Alto Networks’ level of innovation found throughout the product. You will be mostly involved with the API based public cloud focused security offerings through all stages of the product life cycle managing strategic planning, feature selection and tactical activities. You must also be a self-starter, keen to learn and experiment with new technologies, be able to work independently and as a team player, identify sales needs and address them as needed. Other responsibilities include collaborating with Product Marketing to create product related sales and marketing materials; evangelizing the products and product strategy both internally and externally.
- Develop API based security products that continuously monitor public cloud environments such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud and secure them from misconfiguration, sensitive data loss, compliance and other violations
- Drive new feature requirements, collateral, pricing, product positioning and messaging
- Feature prioritization and tradeoff decision-making.
- Ability to work effectively with all areas of the organization including NPI, Sales, Marketing, Customer Support, Professional Services
- Customer engagement and relationship development for product evangelism – requires 10%-15% travel.
- Strong desire to learn new skills and take ownership of the full product life cycle
- Security domain expertise in one/more of these areas: firewall, IPS/IDS, content/URL filtering, forward/reverse proxy, data loss prevention, encryption, end point security etc.
- Requires hands-on experience public clouds such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud
- Experience with scripting languages (Node.js or Python), templates (CFT, ARM, YAML, or Terraform), and API-based automation/orchestration is highly desired.
- Requires 1-3 years in product management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable track record of success
- BS/MS or equivalent experience required
Palo Alto Networks™ is the leader in next-generation network security, enabling unprecedented visibility and granular policy control of applications and content – by user, not just IP address – at up to 120Gbps with no performance degradation. Based on patent-pending App-ID™ technology, Palo Alto Networks firewalls accurately identify and control applications – regardless of port, protocol, evasive tactic or SSL encryption – and scan content to stop threats and prevent data leakage. Enterprises can for the first time embrace Web 2.0 and maintain complete visibility and control, while significantly reducing total cost of ownership through device consolidation. Our market is the network security market and consists of enterprises, government entities, and service providers. It is an $11Bn market globally. Our next-generation network security solutions safely enable applications, prevent threats, simplify network security infrastructure, and reduce costs. They do so at high speed and with great flexibility.
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top