Sr Mobile Application Engineer (Consumer Products iOS)
- Santa Clara, CA
At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we are looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We're seeking innovators – mobile application engineers who seek to design new products, designing state-of-the-art products that do not exist today. These engineers love to code with a drive to build global products and bring new ideas to develop security disciplines to solve real-world problems. We are looking for leaders who take ownership of their areas of focus and who are driven to pursue problems at every level. Collaboration is at the heart of our culture and we need engineers who can communicate at a high level and work well with multi-functional teams towards achieving a common goal.
As a key member of our Consumer Group, you will be responsible for designing and developing mobile applications which will deliver security features to millions of users. You will work with product management on user requirements, apply your knowledge to functional design, utilize your programming skills for efficient and robust implementation, and interact with quality assurance and field support teams throughout the entire software development cycle.
- Innovate, design, and develop new user-facing features to large and sophisticated mobile applications
- Contribute in all phases of the product development cycle, from definition, design, through implementation and test
- Design robust programming language to address new product features, with a high focus on quality and execution
- Develop functional specifications, assess task requirements and scheduling, and assist in development, debug and support
- Suggest and implement improvements to the development process
- Build the libraries and frameworks that support authentication, copresence and cutting-edge network protocols
- Optimize mobile applications on the iOS and Android platforms
- Clearly communicate goals and desired outcomes to internal project teams
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, similar technical discipline or equivalent practical experience, Graduate degree (MS or Ph.D.) in Computer Science or similar technical discipline is preferred
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Understanding wireless mobile networks, including WiFi and cellular
- Demonstrable experience with real-world iOS or Android projects for the App Store or Enterprise distribution
- Experience building and delivering highly scalable, reliable, and complex software systems on-time and on budget
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous integration, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch
- A commitment to writing quality code including writing Unit and UI Automated tests
- An eagerness to learn new things and to help others do the same
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and project management to understand requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Additional Preferred Experience
- Comfortable with Objective-C or Swift and have extensive knowledge of iOS development techniques and practices
- Knowledge of the iOS SDK performance tools and optimization techniques.
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages as needed
- Significant programming experience in either Java, Objective-C or C++
- Knowledge of UI frameworks (either Android, iOS, XML), MVP application design and complex, reactive touch-based UI
- Technical knowledge of mobile application development (either Android or iOS)
- Solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for embedded systems.
- Specialist domains: Embedded/device systems, mobile optimized websites, mobile web browsers, client application development for Windows/Mac (Chrome, WebKit, etc.), third party libraries for either Android or iOS
Our team designs and builds hardware devices, networking technologies, software, and services for delivering on customer needs and wants, innovating with opinion to anticipate customer requirements. Our designs are beautiful, customer appropriate, and functional.
The products you work on are new to Palo Alto Networks, so you are entrepreneurial and hands-on in your engineering approach while helping to craft a vision and being a key member to execute on that vision.
We contribute to Palo Alto Networks being the fastest growing cybersecurity company in the world by understanding the evolution of cyberattacks and designing products to keep users safer and more secure.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge the status quo of cybersecurity. We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, please visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top