Sr Manager, Technical Account Management
Palo Alto Networks is looking for an experienced Sr. Manager, Technical Account Management. The role is responsible to lead and expand our Proactive Services offer in North America, ensuring business alignment to overall strategy, managing and growing the Technical Account Managers and program as a whole. Additionally the Senior Manager will provide guidance and be a point of escalation across the Proactive Services business operations, act as a communication channel into the business and manage business change.
- Manage your organization against key performance indicators (KPI’s) including
- Customer Satisfaction, Renewal Rate, Drive adoption, and other operational metrics
- Drive the strategic direction and scalability of the Proactive Services initiatives for new business areas
- Performance Management: ensure Technical Account Managers have the resources, cross-functional relationships, and processes necessary to ensure success and sustained performance.
- Establish Goals & Objectives: set team goals in-line with overall organizational goals.
- Mature and experienced guidance and direction to the team to deliver on organizational goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support for technical account related issues
- Provide effective advice and counsel on strategic communications issues and exercise effective judgment
- Improve processes for efficiency, organization, and customer satisfaction purposes
- Collaborate closely with various internal partners (including engineering, account management, product management, IT, and manufacturing) to resolve issues and grow the business
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent (MBA a plus)
- 10+ years experience in client facing technical support and/or professional services within the high tech industry preferred
- Prior experience in a senior manager or director role
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage escalations of complex problems, prioritize a demanding workload, delegate appropriately, and deliver results under pressure
- Proven leadership skills including: effective oral and written communication, performance management, issue/conflict resolution, negotiation, motivating others, forecasting and planning
- Willingness and ability to travel (occasionally at short notice)
Specialized Knowledge and Skills (Preferred):
- Experience managing managers
- Experience managing/working across multiple sites
- Technical experience in the Network Security Industry
- Experience as a network administrator (or equivalent) in an NT or Unix environment
- Knowledge of Network Security (Routers, Switches, firewalls, VPN routers - Checkpoint, Juniper (Netscreen), Fortinet, Cisco)
- Background in networking, LAN, and WAN technologies
Back to top