Sr. Manager, Human Resources Business Partner (R&D)
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
At Palo Alto Networks, we hire the talent needles in today’s marketplace haystack and create an environment where each one shines. Our culture is the magic that makes us who we are and lets us work together in a way that creates an award-winning best place to work. As we grow the organization at high speed, we’re looking for someone to lead the growth in our R&D talent, teams, and leadership.
As the HR Business Partner, you will be an integral part of the R&D leadership team providing expertise in people and organizations to anticipate challenges, diagnose problems, prescribe actions and lead programs that have a direct impact to the success of the organization. You should be an innovative HR professional who is energized by driving programs that boost organizational effectiveness, coaching employees and managers, and creating teams that work together and win together. You should be comfortable working with any level of employee or manager, have a knack at reading a situation, navigating sensitivities and finding creative solutions to organizational issues that impact our people and culture.
If you are passionate about enabling organizations to more effectively achieve their business objectives and creating a workplace environment that’s a magnet for the industry’s best and brightest, this position is for you!
- Partner with our EVP of Engineering and the leadership team to build programs that scale the organization, build high performing teams, and develop best in class leaders.
- Leverage people analytics and trained instincts to anticipate issues or opportunities and bring data driven solutions that move the needle.
- Protect our unique culture and ensure Palo Alto Networks continues to be one of the best places to work.
- Diagnose & assess organizational needs, and recommend solutions utilizing a systems approach
- Team up with some of the valley’s best functional HR leaders to design and deliver market competitive comp and benefits practices, leading-edge leadership programs, and modern workforce technology systems.
- Lead people practices that foster innovation and collaboration within one of the world’s most advanced technology organizations working together to fight cyber attacks threatening our way to life in the digital age.
- BS/BA or equivalent and 8+ years of progressive HR experience in a technology organization, preferably working in partnership with R&D/engineering teams.
- Experience analyzing organizational needs and setting strategies and goals to make a positive impact; ability to set priorities, stay focused, and manage time in a fast paced environment
- Ability to establish strong relationships at all levels and across functions within the organization
- Track record coaching leaders and advising action in sensitive or ambiguous situations, including employee relations, performance management, or organizational diagnostics
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to organize and analyze data and recommend data-driven solutions
- Effective listener and persuasive communicator able to influence actions and outcomes
- High level of interpersonal skills and unquestionable integrity
- Commitment to continuous learning and study of your craft
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top