Sr. Manager – Global Channel Operations
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history and a four-time Gartner Magic Quadrant leader for our innovation and ability to execute. Named best place to work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal, we offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job may be for you!
This position will drive sales operations activities enabling and supporting various aspects of the channel (MSSP, CSSP and GSI) within the sales organization. This role is either responsible for, or is a key contributor to sales planning, forecasting, sales escalations, quote, discounts and deal review, compensation/commissions planning, and channel program management. This role will also manage escalations, sales process or policy exceptions review/management and coordination of sales processes between the various functions worldwide including: Sales Analytics, Finance Planning and IT and various other functional groups.
This position will drive sales operations activities enabling and supporting the channel organization for MSSP, CSSP, GSI, and as assigned. The role reports directly to the Sr. Director, Global Channel and Cloud Operations and will be a dotted line to the VP Global MSSP Channels. The position is located in HQ in Santa Clara, CA.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Tasks and Responsibilities):
- Administer, coordinate and report on bookings forecast using existing internal processes, methodology and automation/forecasting tools; drive/build adoption of forecasting tools and dashboards.
- Escalation point for the deal desk function for channel, reviewing and working with peers, sales managers and internal resources to ensure quotes/orders meet operational and compliance requirements.
- Drive standards of performance and specific actions that drive sales activities in every function that are consistent with predefined success criteria for the organization; track and report on these activities on a periodic basis (productivity).
- Key participant in driving channel readiness and building infrastructure for MSSP, CSSP, GSI and channel initiatives, as assigned
- Manage compliance of the non-standard transactions process; track quarterly metrics on average discounts, non-standard exceptions etc., and recommend action items to improve these metrics
- Build system requirements for automating and scaling channel business and program requirements
- Participate in month-end and quarter-end close process to facilitate tracking of outstanding purchase orders, ensuring accurate forecasting, order compliance, bookings reports, etc.
- Assist VP Global MSSP Channels in all facets of sales planning, quarterly business review meetings, forecasting and deal structuring.
- Partnership and alignment driving objectives with product management to ensure partner and client needs are satisfied
- Additional projects as assigned by Sr. Director, Global Channel and Cloud Operations
- 8-10+ years of experience in a sales operations environment, preferably supporting either MSSP, GSI, SP and/or consumption-based pricing models for operations
- Prior experience working with a Service Provider Carrier
- A demonstrated passion for information and business intelligence
- Strong understanding of sales processes and methodologies
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Proven track record of effectively interfacing with cross-functional departments/sales management team
- Ability to work through influence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft applications; Salesforce.com experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field. MBA a plus.
- Global experience and flexibility is critical
- A “get it done” attitude and willingness to be a proactive change agent
- Travel from 30% - 40% (in first 6 months); 15% travel thereafter
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top