Sr Manager / Director of Product Management (Identity & Network Security)
- Santa Clara, CA
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is building a world-class product management organization and continues to look for top-notch product managers to expand the team. As the Director Product Management for Identity Security, at Palo Alto Networks, you will be responsible for defining the future of identity security on the network and driving products that matches the level of innovation found throughout our product portfolio. Identity is one of the foundational components of the network security puzzle - you will seek to establish thought and product leadership across teams and develop strategies to stay ahead of evolving identity and network security paradigms.
You will be involved with the enterprise, cloud, and service provider-focused functionalities related to securing networks and the use of identities within, throughout all stages of life cycle (conception, definition, development, release and post-release activities), feature selection and tactical activities. You will also work very closely with product managers across our broader team.
To be successful in this position you must possess a combination of strong technical skills, develop and execute on a vision for the future of network and identity security, as well as have a passion for driving enterprise/cloud networking & security while bridging customer business requirements with key market trends. You must be comfortable with frequent interaction with customers, prospects and industry analysts presenting our solution and explaining our security solution while understanding and articulating their requirements. You have a track record of success in leading focused, tightly-knit product teams, have delivered on product commitments in working closely with engineering leadership, and have successfully developed and articulated your vision, product strategy, and product plans to the company’s leadership .
- Establish your vision, product strategy, product roadmap and technology requirements as part of market and product requirements
- Develop, manage & communicate product roadmap to customers, prospects and all internal key stakeholders
- Collaborate with engineering to solve problems and deliver high-quality products
- Engage with the product marketing team and help them develop compelling messaging, impactful sales tools and marketing content to support sales and field marketing teams
- Work with NPI, certification, professional services, support, education team and ensure your products get coverages by these cross-functional teams
- Drive product pricing and go-to-market decisions
- BS/MS or equivalent experience required
- Strong desire to take ownership of the full product lifecycle
- 6+ years in product management
- 4+ years in the identity, cloud security, network security or related markets
- Must have product management experience in one or more areas: IAM, Authentication, IdaaS, Identity Security & Analytics, Application security
- Expertise in one or more areas: Network Security, Firewalls, IdaaS, Authentication
- Experience in the identity & authentication environments: AD/AAD, Okta, Cloud IAM, SSO technologies such as SAML, OIDC, Kerberos
- Very strong (written and verbal) communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills leading and contributing to cross-functional teams
- Experience in fast-paced environments with overlapping projects/deliverables
- Proven track record in leading focused product management teams
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills required
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.
Our organization and employees are committed to changing as rapidly as our industry’s threats do, and to do that, we need creative product teams to address emerging cyber threats. They provide the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information on our products for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping implementing product wide technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top