Sr. Graph Database Engineer (Big Data Analytics)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
The Enterprise Data Governance team is a critical component of our IT Big Data Analytics team as they process petabytes of data used for key, daily business decisions. Using cutting edge technologies on distributed database systems and cloud data management.This team collaborates with other business partners to create business use cases instrumental in developing products that help move the business further with revenue generation and marketing strategies.
We are looking for a graph database expert to build our first graph database product.
- Lead technical design and implementation of key components in database system products over challenging technical problems based on key customer requirements and state-of-the-art technologies
- Mentor team members.
- Build up graph database influence by delivering valuable business use cases
- You will become part of the team behind managing the enterprise contact database
- 5+ years working experience in building graph database systems
- Deep knowledge of key graph database technology including but not limited to graph query language, graph query optimization and processing, graph data indexing, graph data storage, and graph partitioning
- Have expertise in designing and developing data management systems
- Experience in managing Distributed and high concurrent transaction processing
- Previous experience on High availability/disaster recovery on cloud
- Cloud database performance monitoring and tuning
- Apply machine learning techniques to cloud data management
- 2+ year of experience with the Hadoop ecosystem and Big Data technologies
- 2+ years of experience with traditional RDBMS and NoSQL databases including data modeling, performance tuning, and configuration
- Strong knowledge of JAVA, data structure, and algorithms
- Experience working with REST/SOAP API services
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple simultaneous priorities
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills
- Past experience and knowledge around DevOps methodology
- Willingness to keep coding and setup new infrastructure from scratch
- Have a passion for building high-quality enterprise-class software systems
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, creating, building, and supporting tools and that enable our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving technical gaps that inhibit productivity.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top