Sr. Director, Supply Chain Management
Sr. Director, Supply Chain Management
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Sr. Director of Supply Chain Management to join our exciting, fast growing company. The Sr. Director of Supply Chain Management will manage and lead three key functions of Operations; Supply Base Management, Hardware New Product Introduction and Supply Chain & Factory execution. The Supply Base Management function includes; Supply Base Management, Component Engineering and Supply Chain Compliance & Risk Management. The hardware New Product Introduction function includes; H/W NPI program management and material management. The Supply Chain & Factory execution includes; Sustaining Supply Chain Product Managers, Sustaining Supply Chain Material Managers and Strategic Cost.
This management position will work closely with cross-functional teams that include Engineering, Technical Ops, Product Management, Order Fulfillment, Planning and Quality. The perfect candidate will have a blend of technical experience and business acumen. This position reports to the VP, Supply Chain Operations & Procurement and is based at our headquarters in Santa Clara, CA.
- Someone who shares our corporate/worldwide operations philosophy (care, customer, communication, credibility and collaboration)
- Mentor and lead a team of diverse high performing individuals
- Hire, train, evaluate employee performance, and recommend or initiate promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action
- Drive initiatives with cross-functional teams and organizationally that contributes to long-term operational excellence
- Deep blend of both technical and business experience/acumen
- Experienced in new product introduction, commodity management, component engineering, material management, factory execution, compliance & risk, social and supply chain security and cost management
- Responsible for a smooth product transition from NPI to Production release by preparing the supply chain and managing continuity of material supply, delivery and quality ensuring no shortages, delays or quality issues
- Ensure material availability to support production / demand / build plans that supports corporate quarterly revenue goals
- Interface with strategic suppliers and key internal functional teams to appropriately influence sourcing decisions, achieving optimal cost and delivery goals
- Understand all elements of product cost; costed BOM, transformation cost, and key main product cost drivers with cost avoidance activities
- Meet and exceed quality, delivery and inventory performance to ensure KPI metrics goals are achieved
- Responsible for minimizing PPV, Excess and Obsolete, Scrap, Expedite fees, etc.
- Drive the implementation and maintenance of master purchase agreements (MSA) and SMI/VMI agreements with suppliers
- Drive supplier performance business reviews (SBR), supplier scorecard and performance improvement plans
- Lead and drive complex projects, implement rapid solutions and work successfully cross-functional to exceed corporate objectives
- Collaborate with H/W Engineering & cross-functional teams on establishing technology roadmaps & sourcing strategies for NPI
- Support technical operations and quality management with field quality and customer satisfaction issues
- Manage periodical cost negotiations with a focus on achieving & exceeding cost reduction targets
- Partner with Engineering and NPI teams on driving cost avoidance, resulting in achievement of improved product margin and increased ROI
- Conduct market research to track industry cost trends; leverage benchmarking tools to ensure best in class cost is achieved
- Experienced in driving alternate component sources to minimize risk and to support cost reduction and quality improvements
- Implementation and management of key technical metrics; PNRs, DPPM, Qualifications, FA, Re-use, etc.
- Ensures the corporate RoHS initiatives are met for all materials used in our products, ensuring the completeness of supporting documentation is in place to meet the European Directives
- Masters Degree or equivalent experience and 15+ years of combined supply chain, program management, new product introduction, commodity management and compliance & risk experience.
- Excellent cost negotiator with the ability leverage “trade-offs”
- Flexibility to work and achieve goals in a fast-paced, start up environment with an ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Expert contract and supply chain cost negotiator
- Excellent supplier management and materials experience
- Business process and/or application configuration knowledge with supply chain
- Experience working directly with Contract Manufacturers and Original Design Manufactures
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully work across multiple levels of an organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (including Excel, Word and Power Point)
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top