Sr. Director, Service Provider / MSSP Product Marketing
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As the Senior Director of the Service Provider (SP) and Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) Product Marketing, you will manage the company’s SP and MSSP business. You will lead, develop, and set goals for a team responsible for marketing initiatives targeting SPs as well as MSSPs around the globe. You will create and lead a team that will develop critical content associated with positioning and selling our products with and through Service Provider and MSSP partners. You'll work closely with the leadership of network and platform security marketing, product management, and sales to create a winning go to market strategy. As a player-coach, you and your team will be responsible for the messaging, content and marketing strategy for Palo Alto Networks Service Provider and MSSP global offerings.
- Build and maintain Palo Alto Networks messaging – targeting Service Provider as well as MSSPs
- Work closely with product management on developing our SP/MSSP go-to-market (GTM) plans, strategies, and product positioning
- Lead content creation that is tailored specifically for our partners, that is aligned with our SP/MSSP partner sales motion, and which will be demonstrated for events, partner campaigns, and customer EBCs
- Develop and present original content for webinars, customer presentations, industry events, analyst and press briefings, and industry trade journals
- Regularly present in formal and informal settings – sales calls, and industry, partner, and corporate events
- Train the sales organization and SP / MSSP partners on capabilities and competitive differentiation
- Work closely with field marketing and SP / MSSP partners to develop ongoing awareness and demand generation programs
- Sales training and enablement – for both Palo Alto Networks field sales and partner field sales
- 7-10 years of marketing experience with specific responsibility for developing high impact messaging and leading a team
- Specific experience marketing directly with managed service providers, cloud service providers, or system integrators
- Experience developing sell-through programs with service providers and working directly with service provider partners to get results in the field
- Ability to translate complex concepts and technologies coming from engineering and product management into business-minded value propositions
- Depth in information security or network security a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Experience in public speaking a plus
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, and relationship management skills
- Ability to think strategically while working tactically to deliver a steady stream of sales tools and collateral
- Driven, self-motivated, and always looking for ways to improve on our current marketing efforts
- Proven analytical and business skills
- Visit customers, prospects, and partners will be an essential part of this role
- Willingness to travel
Our marketing team has an opportunity like no other industry: high impact work and the chance to change the future of digital security. This team builds materials for our partners, our sales teams, and our industry. Your hands will be in industry leading content created in the face of rapidly growing threats: cyberattacks. Being in marketing at Palo Alto Networks means that you will be in the midst of the changes impacting our industry, and helping our internal teams, customers, and partners address the ever-changing threats we all face on a day-to-day basis.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversitywebsite.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top