Sr. Application Penetration Test Engineer (Information Security)
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of a meaningful mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and carry a strong passion for security, then this job is for you! We are seeking an individual with high sense of ownership to execute and mature our penetration testing and vulnerability management practices.
- Keep current on leading-edge exploitation and post-exploitation techniques and apply them to mature our methods and tools in day to day vulnerability testing and penetration testing processes.
- Plan, execute, and lead third-party services to deliver expected quality and timeliness of security testing and remediation management strategy, programs and projects.
- Take ownership of managing stakeholder engagement and deliver timely on security testing and remediation management goals; proactively identifying and escalating concerns to senior management in a timely manner.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the operating environment including infrastructure, applications and services.
- Conduct infrastructure and application pen tests
- Create and demonstrate proof of concepts where vulnerabilities are found (Validation)
- Conduct risk assessments, considering environmental controls to determine and articulate remediation strategy and priority.
- Partner with and provide guidance/support to stakeholders for meeting remediation plans and target dates.
- Prefer degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in information security testing and vulnerability remediation management roles
- Excellent written, verbal, and communication skills to address various levels of the organization (i.e. executives, system engineers, etc.)
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives
- Experience and skills to perform application and network penetration testing and ethical hacking utilizing both automated tools, as well as manual exploitation techniques.
- Working knowledge of vulnerability classification methodologies and CVE definitions to prioritize remediation.
- Ability to approach problems with an innovative, can-do attitude.
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top