Specialist System Engineer, Cortex XDR - Japan
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
You will be responsible for presenting the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation endpoint solution to prospective customers, creating and delivering demonstrations of the products, gathering customer technical requirements, creating evaluation test plans with customers, and then managing the evaluation process to a successful conclusion. You will be focused on the cyber security space and Palo Alto Networks technologies, with a focus on Modern Malware, vulnerability exploits, endpoint security concepts, virtualized environments, etc.
You’ll have a broad understanding of the security needs in modern enterprise IT environments, and a creative, problem discovery and solving approach to enabling Palo Alto to meet the needs of customers running these environments. You will be a component of Japan revenue growth and work on strategic accounts and opportunities. Collaborate on strategic partners enablement and increase and improve technology skills and knowledge in the Japan SE team. You will work closely with Japanese SEMs, having all SEs ability in selling security solutions. You will lead virtual/subject master expert teams while developing a strong consulting engineer expertise.
- Work with Main Account teams providing vision, expertise and innovation
- Work with Territory teams on Strategic Opportunities providing vision, expertise and innovation
- Work with Product Management, Technical Marketing and R&D to create requirements and product features for our large customers and provide feedback from customers
- Provide design consultation and best practice guidance for design, implementation, and conversion during the 'pre-sales' process for strategic opportunities
- Lead advanced 'proof of concept' testing in strategic accounts or Strategic Opportunities either at the customer site or Palo Alto Networks lab facilities
- Present and communicate at the CxO level Palo Alto Networks value proposition.
- Evangelize Palo Alto Networks Technologies and Solutions in customer infrastructure and Data Centers integrating lower TCO, greater ROI, lowering OPEX and reducing CAPEX messaging
- Provide product update and enhancement training to other SEs in the region
- Manage contents and tools improving Japan SE productivity
- Be a reference expert' in Palo Alto technology and solutions
- Provide demos for strategic prospects and current accounts in all facets of Palo Alto Network’s virtual offerings and integration in existing datacenter environments
- Lead Japan Virtual/Subject Master Expert teams
- Provide territory coverage within the region when additional expertise is required
- Develop a strong Security expertise on PAN and Security technologies, and PAN Strategic partners
- In-depth knowledge of Security technologies, Modern Malware, enterprise IT environments – from a technology and a business driver standpoint.
- Demonstrable experience in securing and designing these environments.
- 8+ years of experience as an SE or systems integrator.
- Solid understanding of web applications, web protocols, security and Internet environments.
- Good understanding of Windows operating systems and scripting.
- Demonstrable experience with windows environments (PCs and servers) installation and configuration. (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting Windows infrastructure security product.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Strong Design and Architect skills, ability to innovate new services, new infrastructures and solutions.
- Strong problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution
- Experience working on Main Accounts and complex environments
- Experience from companies in the enterprise networking security space
- Experience installing, configuring and integrating a complex Security environment
- Experience understanding malware, exploits, operating system structure and behavior
- Experience with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach
- Travel of 50%+ within Japan
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our systems engineer (SE) teams come in. Our SE team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate systems engineering teams educate, encourage, and empower our potential clients.
As part of our SE team, you help support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineer team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top