Software QA Performance Engineer ( SaaS and Public Cloud Security)
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history and a six-time Gartner Magic Quadrant leader for our innovation and ability to execute. Named best place to work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal, we offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job may be for you!
Envision, implement and evolve a comprehensive and leading edge test system for a highly distributed, cloud based security product that is destined to be the de facto standard in industry.
This is an exciting position for a Software QA engineer to be part of a newly established small SQA team and help build state-of-art-test systems for our high growth SaaS and API-based Security applications.
Keys for success: performance testing experience with Distributed and Cloud-based systems.
The overall objective of the performance test engineer is to provide a consistent, standardized, best practice approach to performance testing across our cloud platform, driving improved performance and production stability of the applications and systems.
The day to day responsibilities includes, but not limited to:
- Understanding performance test workflows, finalizing of KPIs with the development and business stakeholders.
- Define performance test strategy, creation and execution of performance test scripts
- Analyzing performance data and creation of performance test results
- Developing automated test plans using tools like Gatling, JMeter, etc.
- Working with AWS technologies and tools
- Building Mock services to emulate cloud applications
- BS in computer science or related technical field
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in full development life cycle software development
- 5+ years of hands-on experiences on various performance and load assurance methodology and practices, including performance Testing/Profiling/Tuning Expertise in load generation with HTTP protocols etc.
- Expertise in identifying performance bottlenecks and troubleshooting performance issues in multi-layers web applications
- Experience with measurement and analysis tools such as LoadRunner, JMeter, JProfiler, Eclipse MAT, JConsole and HttpWatch
- Experience with software development focusing on Java/JEE Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems Experience with SQL and relational database, in memory database is a plus.
- Familiar with system administration, application server configuration, network configuration Knowledge of algorithms and data structures, and experience to assess trade-offs between CPU v. s. memory vs. I/O vs. database load is highly preferred
- An absolute self-starter. Confident and effective when working across distributed teams
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast fact
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top