Software Engineer (Security Research)
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We foster a culture of innovation, authenticity, and collaboration. This focus helps to advance our mission of protecting our way of life in the digital age. Our people make this possible. It’s in our everyday interactions, how we work together and treat each other, that sets Palo Alto Networks apart from other organizations. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual who wants to contribute and make a difference, then this job is for you!
What you'll be a part of:
As a member of Internet Security Team, you will work with researchers on implementing different projects that detect and defend against various emerging threats in areas including Web security, Network security, etc. The Internet Security Research Team is responsible for innovating new security techniques.
What you'll be working on:
- As a backend developer, you are responsible for building threat research systems and antivirus products.
- You will work closely with team members and PMs to bring together requirements, design, implement and release.
- Proven problem-solving and interpersonal communication skills
- Creative thinker and team player, with good communication skills and desire to make differences
- Strive to write clear, consistent and reusable code
- Experience with Python, MySQL, RabbitMQ
- Experience with distributed storage, micro service architecture.
- Experience with docker/Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with Go is a plus
- Knowledge on Web security, Network Security is a plus
- 2+ years' experience preferred
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here.
Palo Alto Networks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Palo Alto Networks is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top