Software Engineer (Network Forwarding)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
As a member of data plane networking software group, you will be responsible for designing and developing the next-generation firewall. You will take ownership for large software components, work with product management on real life customer requirements, apply your knowledge to functional design, utilize your programming skills for efficient and robust implementation, and interact with quality assurance and field support teams in the whole software development cycle. The culture at Palo Alto Networks is creative, dynamic and inspiring to tackle real work Cyber-attacks.
- Responsible for development of NextGen Network Security Components and Protocols for State-of-the-art firewall
- Develop features to process traffic across multiple layers (Layer 1 – Layer 7) in the network stack IPv4, IPv6, TCP, UDP, NAT64, HTTP, VxLAN, DNS
- Develop security modules based on deep packet inspection (DPI) and Machine Learning (ML) Algorithms
- Development software on MIPS and Intel network processors using DPDK functionality
- Develop Solutions deployable in Enterprise, Data Center, Cloud Security Solutions
- Develop flow infrastructure modules, interfacing with ASIC and FPGA HW modules
- Develop Scalable High Availability Solution for Stateful Failover
- Take ownership for large software components
- Work with multi-functional team members on user requirements, including but not limited to Product Management, QA, Support, etc.
- Effectual decision-making, ownership and independently drive/lead tasks/assignments
- Proficient in C programming
- Familiar with Unix/Linux development environment and multi-processor programming
- In-depth knowledge in Networking, especially in L2/L3/L4 protocols
- Any Working experience on data plane forwarding and network processor programming is a plus
- Strong skills in large-scale software design and development
- Self-motivated, Team player, can-do attitude and ability to take the initiative
- Strong communication skills to work with multi-functional groups
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about building products to solve problems no one has pursued before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled chance to create the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top