Software Engineer (Cloud Service)
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We foster a culture of innovation, authenticity, and collaboration. This focus helps to advance our mission of protecting our way of life in the digital age. Our people make this possible. It’s in our everyday interactions, how we work together and treat each other, that sets Palo Alto Networks apart from other organizations. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual who wants to contribute and make a difference, then this job is for you!
What you'll be a part of:
As a member of Internet Security Team, you will work with researchers on implementing different projects that detect and defend against various emerging threats in areas including Web security, Network security, etc. The Internet Security Research Team is responsible for innovating new security techniques.
What you'll be working on:
- As a cloud service developer, you are responsible for building threat prevention systems on public cloud and Palo Alto Networks global infrastructure.
- You will work closely with team members and PMs to bring together requirements, design, implement and release.
- Proven problem-solving and interpersonal communication skills
- Creative thinker and team player with good communication skills and desire to make differences
- Ability to write clear, consistent and reusable code
- Experience with Python & Go
- Experience with relational databases, queue systems, distributed storage, micro service architecture.
- Experience with docker/Kubernetes
- Knowledge on Web security, Network Security is a plus
- 2+ years' experience preferred
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.
Our Security Operating Platform is built for automation. It is easy to operate, with capabilities that work together, so customers can prevent successful cyberattacks. They can use analytics to automate routine tasks, so they can focus on what matters. We are known for continuously delivering innovations; and with Application Framework, we extend that to an open ecosystem of developers that benefit from our customers’ existing investment in data, sensors, and enforcement points.
Palo Alto Networks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Palo Alto Networks is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top