Software Development Manager (Public Cloud Security)
Palo Alto Networks® is the next-generation security company, leading a new era in cybersecurity by safely enabling applications and preventing cyber breaches for tens of thousands of organizations worldwide. If you are motivated, intelligent, creative, hard-working and want to make an impact, then this job is for you!
The API-Based Security team is responsible for building our latest SaaS and Public Cloud security products. Our fast-growing cloud service provides
next-generation security for enterprise cloud deployments.
Our team is looking for a strong Development Manager for the Public Cloud Engineering team. You will be helping shape the future of our public cloud offering in close collaboration with our newest team members from the Evident.IO acquisition.
This is a first-line hands-on Manager role. If you have the technical chops to lead a development team we want to hear from you. .
- Execute on the software development strategy to enhance our fast-moving highly distributed system.
- Understand and implement software development/engineering lifecycle concepts to drive features from conception to delivery.
- Collaborate closely with the product management , dev-ops and QA teams to achieve quality releases.
- Work hand-in-hand with customer support, documentation and downstream teams to enable customer success.
- Make appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-release, while maintaining performance and scalability requirements.
- Clearly communicate goals and desired outcomes to internal project teams.
- Hire, mentor and guide a team of high performing engineers.
- Be a self-starter, able to learn independently and adapt fast.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- 3+ years experience as hands-on Software Development Manager for a distributed /cloud based product.
- 5+ years experience as a Software engineer (preferably for a cloud based product).
- Experience with distributed system architecture and cloud engineering.
- Have good design and architectural skills to build micro services.
- Familiarity with AWS. Proficient with Java and Python.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top