Site Reliability Engineer (API-based Public Cloud Security)
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history and a six-time Gartner Magic Quadrant leader for our innovation and ability to execute. Named best place to work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal, we offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job may be for you!
We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to join the team that is building our latest cloud security product - Aperture. This fast-growing cloud service provides next-generation security for enterprise applications such as Box, Dropbox, GitHub, Google Apps, Slack, Salesforce and many more.
API-based Public Cloud enables organizations to store terabytes of sensitive data in these applications while preventing any security threats to their cloud. This role will also give you a unique opportunity to collaborate with many of our supported SaaS and Public Cloud vendors and build skills to influence every aspect of delivering an enterprise-class cloud security service.
Join the API-based Public Cloud Security Development team that delivers software/web apps over the internet and in the Cloud. Help us deploy and scale the next generation of cloud security utilizing big data systems
The candidate must be a self-starter and possess very good analytical skills. Must possess ability to work in an agile environment with minimum guidance. Passion for security is a major plus.
- Programming Languages: Python and Java
- Databases: NoSQL, Casandra, MongoDB
- Configuration management software: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Cloud-based deployments: AWS or OpenStack experience preferred
- Deployment automation and virtualization tools: Vagrant, Docker, AWS
- Monitoring tools: Splunk, Ganglia,
- Familiar with security concerns: server hardening, bastion / two factor authentication, SSL, VPN
- Familiar with continuous integration and build management tools like git
- Knowledgeable in distributed systems and redundancy / high-availability and performance optimizations
BS/MS in a technical discipline – Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top