Senior-Level Streaming/Query Software Engineer (Cortex Platform)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
With Cortex, the industry's only open and integrated, AI-based continuous security platform. Cortex is a significant evolution of the Application Framework designed to simplify security operations and considerably improve outcomes. Deployed on a global, scalable public cloud platform, Cortex allows security operations teams to speed the analysis of massive data sets. Cortex is enabled by the Cortex Data Lake, where customers can securely and privately store and analyze large amounts of data that is normalized for advanced AI and machine learning to find threats and orchestrate responses quickly. We’re building the foundations of the next inflection point in the security industry by combining our deep expertise in security with the state of the art in large-scale infrastructure for data processing and machine learning (Think exabytes of data).
As a Senior-Level Big Data Engineer, you will be working with highly motivated software developers that thrive on solving challenging problems. You're responsible for building large-scale distributed software systems in Java, Python, and other languages using open source technologies like Hadoop, Kafka, Redis, Spark, Flink (and other proprietary technologies).
For our Cortex Data Lake, Streaming and Query-related big-data experience is a plus.
- Provide technical engineering in small teams working on the Application Framework
- Collaborate with the broader Cortex Platform team to help develop a long-term technology roadmap
- Be both a a hands-on expert for Opensource development tools being used to build the Cortex Platform
- Project management, tracking, and delivery
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or related practical experience
- 6+ year’s experience in software engineering management with an advanced level of experience in software development
- Validated experience in hiring, mentoring, coaching and developing engineering talent and small teams
- Strong management skills for planning and executing complex projects
- Experience with industry, open-source projects and/or academic research in large-data distributed systems
- Built complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Deep expertise is helpful in one or more of the following areas: Real-time stream processing, Columnar databases, Indexing and search, Query processing, Hadoop, Flink, Spark
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about building products to solve problems no one has pursued before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled chance to create the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top