Senior Technical Writer (SaaS Security)
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history and a four-time Gartner Magic Quadrant leader for our innovation and ability to execute. Named best place to work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal, we offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job may be for you!
As a technical writer at Palo Alto Networks, you will directly help our customers and partners better understand how to configure and use Aperture to solve their SaaS security problems. We are looking for a writer who is passionate about how our users experience documentation, curious about how the product works and integrates with each cloud application, and staunch in developing the workflows and best practices for enabling users successfully deploy our Security Operating Platform. This effort will directly contribute in helping our users fully utilize the platform to protect their network and generate fewer calls to our support organization.
- Facility with technology—You’re curious, not afraid to be hands-on with the products, and you can empathize with the challenges our customers face.
- Know the craft—You like writing more than you like doing anything else and you have an innate ability to think like and write for administrators. You see every feature and task as part of a broad scenario, and interested in not only how something works, but also when and why to use a particular configuration/setting.
- Innovation—You are creative, and love to experiment with new ways to present information in a way that enables a positive user experience with our products.
- Organization—You can take large amounts of technical details and organize them into topics that users can easily find and use to solve their SaaS security problems.
- Initiative—You’re not afraid to propose changes to improve process and quality to enable a better customer experience and you are relentless in hunting down the information you need.
- Interpersonal skills—You are able to work with developers, QA, PMs, customers, SEs, and support to successfully gather information required to understand the problems our users are facing and the ways our products help to solve them.
- Problem solving skills—You have strong critical-thinking skills and use them to ensure that you are providing just the information our users need to complete the task at hand.
- Adaptable—You can handle a rapid release model and adjust easily to new or changing circumstances.
- Must have a knowledge and background in cloud technologies, SaaS security, and API
- Ability to see the big picture and proven track record of writing from scratch.
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently with limited direction.
- Minimum 3 years of proven technical writing experience.
- Proficient with FrameMaker, and AcrobatPro. Experience with Adobe AEM highly desirable.
- Video tutorial creation (Camtasia), and/or proficiency developing illustrations (Adobe Illustrator or PowerPoint).
- Proficient with source control tools (Perforce).
- Experience with topic-based writing and API documentation.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required.
Back to top