Senior Technical Writer (Behavioral and Attack Analytics)
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We foster a culture of innovation, authenticity, and collaboration. This focus helps to advance our mission of protecting our way of life in the digital age. Our people make this possible. It’s in our everyday interactions, how we work together and treat each other, that sets Palo Alto Networks apart from other organizations. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
Here at Palo Alto Networks, the Tech Docs team directly helps our customers, partners, and internal employees better understand how to configure and use our products to solve their network and endpoint security problems.
As a senior writer, you’ll guide our users on how to use behavioral and attack analytics to stop the spread of malware throughout their network. In this role, you will work with a remote team of developers and self-manage upcoming features and work.
- Facility with technology—You’re curious, like to be hands-on with the products, and you can empathize with the challenges our customers face
- Organization—You can take large amount of technical details and organize them into topics that users can easily find and use to solve their network security problems. You can effectively track and coordinate multiple projects that include dependencies and rely on product integrations
- Initiative—You’re not afraid to propose changes to improve process and quality to enable a better customer experience and you are relentless in hunting down the information you need. You can work independently with limited direction
- Interpersonal skills—You are able to work with developers, QA, PMs, customers, SEs, Support, and within the Tech Docs team to successfully gather information required to understand the problems our users are facing and the ways our products help to solve them
- Problem solving skills—You have strong critical-thinking skills and use them to ensure that you are providing just the information our users need to complete the task at hand
- Strategic thinker—You’re always looking ahead. You’re able to anticipate what’s next and are thinking about how we can meet our users’ needs not only today, but tomorrow as well
- Transparent communicator—When tracking and coordinating projects that span many release cycles and include cross-regional teams, you communicate project goals, dependencies, and deadlines to all stakeholders. You like to make sure that everyone is working with the same information, you work towards building consensus, and you set expectations effectively
- 2 years minimum experience in a writing role
- Must have a knowledge and background in either endpoint security or security analytics
- Proven track record of writing concepts and tasks from scratch
- Experience planning and managing complex projects
- Adept with team collaboration and release tracking tools (Jira and Confluence).
- Proficient with source control tools (Perforce)
- Experience with topic-based writing (DITA or XML authoring)
- Video tutorial creation (Camtasia), and/or proficiency developing illustrations (Adobe Illustrator or PowerPoint) a plus
- Must be okay with periodic travel to Tel Aviv (Hebrew a plus)
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.
Our Security Operating Platform is built for automation. It is easy to operate, with capabilities that work together, so customers can prevent successful cyberattacks. They can use analytics to automate routine tasks, so they can focus on what matters. We are known for continuously delivering innovations; and with Application Framework, we extend that to an open ecosystem of developers that benefit from our customers’ existing investment in data, sensors, and enforcement points.
Back to top