Senior Technical Writer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Palo Alto Networks Tech Docs team directly helps our customers improve their security posture to best protect against cyber threats. As a part of the R&D organization, we work hands-on with products throughout the development cycle to serve as the voice of our users and to identify best practice workflows. Based on your experience your role will focus on documentation for one of our product lines.
- You’re curious, like to be hands-on with technology, and are eager to learn about the threat landscape and how analysis works (machine learning, big data, etc.).
- You’re an avid researcher—you’re not hesitant to dive in to something new and you know how to hunt down the information that you need.
- You know how to prioritize and deliver on immediate requirements, while continuing to look ahead. You anticipate how we can meet user needs not only today, but tomorrow as well.
- You’re a transparent communicator. You like to make sure that everyone is working with the same information; you work towards building consensus, and you set expectations effectively.
- You write content that is both easy-to-read and informative. You have strong critical-thinking skills and use them to ensure that you are providing just the right information for users to achieve their goals..
- You seek and are comfortable receiving different viewpoints and feedback, and you’re thoughtful in pushing back or adopting.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
- All levels of technical writing experience are desirable in candidates. If you’re a senior/lead/principal writer, this will be a commensurate role with a wide breadth of ownership and responsibility. For a recent college grad, we’re able to provide unique learning and growth opportunities. What we’re most looking for is an eagerness to do good work. If you’ve got that and you love technical writing, then we want to make the role work for you.
- Experience with security technologies is a huge bonus (for example, if you’ve worked with SIEMs, intrusion prevention systems (IPS), or malware sandboxes, then let us know).
- It’s great if you have experience with the tools that we use to get our work done, including: Source control tools (Perforce), Topic-based authoring tools (DITA or XML authoring), Video tutorial creation tools (Camtasia), Illustrators (Adobe Illustrator), Team collaboration and release tracking tools (Confluence and Jira)
- We’d love to see writing samples, especially concepts and tasks written from scratch.
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyber attacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.
Our organization and employees are committed to changing as rapidly as our industry’s threats do, and to do that, we need creative product teams to address emerging cyber threats. They provide the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information on our products for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping to implement product wide technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
Jacqueline T.Senior Technical Support Engineer, Team Lead, Endpoint Security
Jaqueline and her team assist customers who call in with technical questions or issues in order to ensure excellent user experiences and complete platform security.
Back to top