Senior Technical Marketing Engineer (Network Security)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Technical Marketing Engineer at Palo Alto Networks, you will play a key role in providing detailed technical information to our partners, customers, and our internal employees.
In this role, you will work with innovative technology, redefining the future of network security. The individual will help develop new and innovative solutions related to Palo Alto Networks’ App-ID, User-ID, authentication, encryption, and other network security concepts, work with customers on complex deployments, develop and deliver technical training for Systems Engineers and document useful how-to technical notes for others to use.
- Identify sales needs and address them as needed
- Work with system engineers and customers on complex deployments to help ensure successful product deployment
- Be the domain expert on the App-ID, User-ID, authentication, and other key network security concepts to help system engineers with product related questions
- Document tech notes for others to use
- Work closely with product management on product feedback for future improvements
- Utilize performance test equipment to validate device performance
- Develop and deliver competitive positioning strategies
- The job requires approximately 10 percent travel
- BS/MS or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in identity, authentication, and application analysis
- Be a self-starter, keen to learn and experiment with new technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deep understanding of identity stores including Active Directory, LDAP
- Deep understanding of authentication technologies including RADIUS, Kerberos, TACACS+, LDAP
- Working knowledge of cryptographic technologies including certificates and SSL/TLS
- Thorough understanding of networking protocols such as TCP and UDP, common application protocols such as DNS, HTTP and SMTP, and the ability to deconstruct application traffic flows using tools such as Wireshark
- Excellent understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems and scripting languages
- Prior working experience with firewalls and/or IDS/IPS devices is a plus
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.
Our organization and employees are committed to changing as rapidly as our industry’s threats do, and to do that, we need creative product teams to address emerging cyber threats. They provide behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information on our products for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping to implement product wide technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top