Senior Staff Software Engineer in Test (Cloud)
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
The Senior Staff Software Engineer in Test (Cloud) is responsible for automation and testing of Palo Alto Networks cloud infrastructure. This role will interface with the Software Engineering team during product development and release. The engineer will participate in a fast, educational work environment, with short release cycles. The engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining automated tests, automation framework, implementing QA processes, including writing test plans, test cases. The engineer will also be responsible for developing and maintaining tools to improve efficiency of deployment and maintenance of the cloud system.
- Intermediate to advanced level Python coding skills.
- Experience in developing automation frameworks is preferred.
- Ability to design tools, libraries in automation framework.
- Experience with database technologies (MQSL, Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, etc.)
- Experience with REST API automation and concepts.
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems like Jenkins.
- Experience with cloud products such as AWS is a plus.
- Experience with writing complex test cases/plans and execution.
- Experience with QA methodologies and release cycles.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Understanding of how web services are deployed, maintained, and updated.
- Experience with Curl, WGET, SSH, and FTP.
- Experience with SSL, DNS, TCP, and UDP networking is a plus.
- Experience working with APIs is a plus.
- Experience with Linux system administration.
- Experience with database clusters (MySQL).
- Proven track record of learning new technologies.
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top