Senior SQA Engineer (PanOS)
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We foster a culture of innovation, authenticity, and collaboration. This focus helps to advance our mission of protecting our way of life in the digital age. Our people make this possible. It’s in our everyday interactions, how we work together and treat each other, that sets Palo Alto Networks apart from other organizations. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
Palo Alto Networks® is a revolutionary and dynamic company creating next generation enterprise security products. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual who wants to contribute and make a difference, this job is for you!
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.
Our Security Operating Platform is built for automation. It is easy to operate, with capabilities that work together, so customers can prevent successful cyberattacks. They can use analytics to automate routine tasks, so they can focus on what matters. We are known for continuously delivering innovations; and with Application Framework, we extend that to an open ecosystem of developers that benefit from our customers’ existing investment in data, sensors, and enforcement points.
- Responsible for functional testing of Palo Alto Networks’ next-generation firewall.
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases.
- Develop tools and infrastructure to improve quality and efficiency of testing.
- Work closely with the Software Engineering, Product Management teams during product development from design to release.
- Reproduce and debug issues found during and after software release.
- Develop and maintain complex test bed environments.
- 6+ years of experience in a QA position.
- L3 network testing experience with knowledge of most common switching and routing protocols. Knowledge of L4-L7 network layers.
- Experience testing network security products, preferably with firewalls and intrusion prevention.
- Knowledge of encryption and tunneling protocol test methods.
- Experience with GNU tools and good to have experience with typical test tools from Spirent, Breaking Point and Ixia.
- Experience with bug tracking tools such as Jira/Bugzilla and versioning systems like Perforce/git is desirable
- Experience setting up of third party networking equipment i.e. Routers and Switches
- Proficient in Python (or other similar) Scripting and/or automation.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux system set up and administration.
- Experience setting test beds in a Virtualization environment is desirable.
- BS or MS in computer engineering or related technical field.
Back to top