Senior SQA Engineer (CPE)
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer for our Current Product Engineering (CPE) team, you will be responsible for testing customer specific issues for Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls. This team is responsible for ensuring our customers consistently get high-quality releases in a timely fashion.
- We are looking for individuals excited by the challenge of a fast-paced environment and dynamic work - because you will likely work on something different every day.
- Collaborating closely with software developers, you will help find solutions to customer’s current needs.
- This role involves testing many aspects of the Palo Alto Networks next generation firewalls - switching, routing, application identification, intrusion detection and more.
- Career level experience in a QA position or equivalent.
- Experience testing network security products, preferably with firewalls and intrusion prevention products.
- L2-7 network testing experience including most common switching and routing protocols.
- Experience with Linux and open-source software.
- Experience with virtual machines is a plus.
- Experience with scripting: TCL/Expect, Perl, and/or Python.
- Experience with software build and release best practices.
- Knowledge of encryption and tunneling protocol test methods is a plus.
- Knowledge of cryptography and digital certificates is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Palo Alto Networks® is a revolutionary and dynamic company creating next generation enterprise security products. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual who wants to contribute and make a difference, this job is for you!
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.
Our Security Operating Platform is built for automation. It is easy to operate, with capabilities that work together, so customers can prevent successful cyberattacks. They can use analytics to automate routine tasks, so they can focus on what matters. We are known for continuously delivering innovations; and with Application Framework, we extend that to an open ecosystem of developers that benefit from our customers’ existing investment in data, sensors, and enforcement points.
Back to top