Senior SQA Engineer (CPE)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer for our Current Product Engineering (CPE) team, you will be responsible for testing customer specific issues for Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls. This team is responsible for ensuring our customers consistently get high-quality releases in a timely manner.
- We are looking for individuals excited by the challenge of a fast-paced environment and dynamic work - because you will likely work on something different every day
- Collaborating closely with software developers, you will help find solutions to customer’s current needs
- This role involves testing many aspects of the Palo Alto Networks next generation firewalls - switching, routing, application identification, intrusion detection and more
- Career level experience in a QA position or equivalent
- Proven experience testing network security products, preferably with firewalls and intrusion prevention products
- L2-7 network testing experience including most common switching and routing protocols
- Proven experience with Linux and open-source software
- Experience with virtual machines is a plus
- Experience with scripting: TCL/Expect, Perl, and/or Python
- Experience with software build and release standard methodologies
- Knowledge of encryption and tunneling protocol test methods is a plus
- Knowledge of cryptography and digital certificates is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about creating products to solve problems no one has tackled before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled opportunity to build the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top