Senior Software Engineer (Threat Research)
Palo Alto Networks®is the fastest-growing security company in history. We foster a culture of innovation, authenticity, and collaboration. This focus helps to advance our mission of protecting our way of life in the digital age. Our people make this possible. It’s in our everyday interactions, how we work together and treat each other, that sets Palo Alto Networks apart from other organizations. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
As a member of Threat Research team, you will be responsible for prototyping, and rapid development of next-generation malware detection system tools. Success will require innovation and persistence in the face of unforeseen issues and outright failures. You will take ownership for implementing solutions to complex, multi-system problems; for creating tools and techniques which enable industry redefining research and development.
- Research and model application behaviors and develop APP ID.
- Research network protocols and develop protocol decoders
- Work on innovative ideas to provide visibility and access control in zero-trust environment
- Provide layer 7 support and collaborate with other teams for developing new features
- Suggest and implement improvements to the development process
- Excellent understanding of common networking protocols such as HTTP, SSL, FTP, etc.
- Strong programing skills and familiar with Unix/Linux development environment
- Team player with a can-do attitude in a dynamic working environment
- Knowledge of next generation firewall and its content engine is a plus
- Experience with Big Data Analysis and Machine Learning is a plus
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.
Our Security Operating Platform is built for automation. It is easy to operate, with capabilities that work together, so customers can prevent successful cyberattacks. They can use analytics to automate routine tasks, so they can focus on what matters. We are known for continuously delivering innovations; and with Application Framework, we extend that to an open ecosystem of developers that benefit from our customers’ existing investment in data, sensors, and enforcement points.https://paloaltonetworks.box.com/s/8h44raowfslfhrfmfkrmrgig0ms3z8ae
Back to top