Senior Software Engineer (IoT Security)
- Santa Clara, CA
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
You will work with a team of amazing IoT device identification and security professionals to help identify, monitor and protect the ever growing number of Internet of Things devices in our vast customer base. This is one of the fastest growing area of cyber security today and we offer a great opportunity to help shape this relatively new landscape and make real impact in securing the future of IoT.
As a senior level IoT security software engineer, you will
- Design and develop security engine software in security appliance and in the cloud
- Network traffic protocol analysis
- Set up network traffic generation tools and environments
- Collect and analyze network traffic
- Design and develop software code or tool to extract network protocol information
- Design and develop software code or tool to identify IoT devices
- Design and develop software code or tool to analyze network traffic behavior
- Design and develop software code or tools to assess device security risk levels
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or similar fields
- 3+ years of work experience in related fields
- Good Knowledge of Computer networking in general, Ethernet, TCP/IP in particular
- Good programming skills in one or more programming or scripting languages, Java, Python, or C/C++ are preferred
- Prior Experience with IoT devices is a plus
- Experience with TCPDUMP, Wireshark or similar tools is a plus
- Familiarity of cloud technologies is a big plus
- Familiarity of network security is a plus
- Experience with one or more security areas below is a big plus
Application based firewall
Security vulnerability detection and monitoring
Client device signature
Network device discovery tools
- Good communication skills, creative thinker and team player
- Curiosity and passion about Computer Networking and Security
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Back to top