Senior Software Engineer in Test (Content Application)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Content QA team is responsible for releasing software that helps our customers to identify thousands of Apps and counting. It also helps the customer in protecting their networks against known and yet to be disclosed vulnerabilities. The team focuses on understanding various Applications and Threats and is well versed in the latest happenings in this space. With a can-do attitude and curiosity as common traits, this team likes to handle challenges. As part of this team gives one the opportunity to work on the latest in Network Security and develop an understanding of building the best in class network security solution. As a member of this team, one is expected to help deliver releases multiple times a week and also develop tools and systems that solve complex issues.
- Responsible for testing the Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation firewall
- Exposure to all new web or network applications that lead the market including everything from enterprise Cloud-based ERP and CRM, to Google Plus, Google Wallet, Skype, LinkedIn, file-sharing, social networking, streaming media, and online meeting sites
- Understand, install, and execute testing of applications against our security platform to maintain, enhance and ensure the overall quality of our application detection
- Focus on quality and customers
- Execute detailed test cases
- Be a part of a team responsible for releasing critical customer impacting content updates
- 0-3 years of experience as a test engineer for network-related products
- Highly motivated, detailed and eager to learn individual
- Network analysis tools (Wireshark, Tcpdump, Fiddler)
- Understanding of L4-L7 protocols (HTTP, SSL/TLS)
- Networking and TCP/IP
- Web application testing
- Windows / Linux services installation and configuration (HTTP, DHCP, DNS, FTP, MAIL Protocols, etc.)
- Testing mobile and desktop clients over a variety of applications against a network security product
- Understanding of how the Internet works at a network packet level is essential
- VoIP / SIP experience is desirable
- Perl, Python, scripting language experience is desirable
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about building products to solve problems no one has pursued before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled chance to create the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top