Senior Software Engineer in Test (Big Data-Cloud Intelligence)
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
- Responsible for functional testing of Palo Alto Networks’ cloud intelligence offering with emphasis on Logging and Reporting.
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases.
- Develop tools and infrastructure to improve quality and efficiency of testing.
- Work closely with the Software Engineering, Product Management teams during product development from design to release.
- Reproduce and debug issues found during and after software release.
- 6+ years of experience in a QA position.
- Experience with scripting and/or programming
- Experience with testing tools for massive data set analysis
- Experience with large data processing tools such as Hadoop, HBase, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, and Kafka
- Experience with databases, such as MySQL, MongoDB, or similar
- Experience with Python, Java, Tomcat, JS, AWS, Docker, VMWare ESX, and SaltStack is a plus
- Experience testing network security products, preferably with firewalls and intrusion prevention
- Experience with CMS and bug tracking tools as Jira or Bugzilla.
- Experience with Linux system set up and Administration.
- BS or MS in computer engineering or related technical field.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top