Senior Software Engineer (Distributed Management Plane Infrastructure)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
You will be responsible for building a scalable architecture, design, and development of the distributed management plane infrastructure to manage Palo Alto Networks’ next-generation network security solutions.
- Actively participate and collaborate with team members to develop next-generation architecture
- Define and scope new features for on-premise and cloud deployed network security devices and services
- Design and develop highly scalable on-premise and cloud-based central management software for managing devices at scale in hybrid deployments
- Take ownership and work with various product management, development and quality assurance groups in a fast-paced environment
- Development on a Linux platform
- MS/BS in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Excellent programming skills
- Experience programming in C is highly desirable, Golang is a plus
- Experience in distributed system development
- Experience developing stateless clustered solutions is desirable. Experience developing in Kubernetes based environments is a plus
- Experience working with commonly used infrastructure tools like Zookeeper, Kafka, Redis, Elasticsearch is a plus
- Network appliance development experience is a plus
- Experience running large scale data in a distributed deployment is a plus
- Experience with appliance configuration management is a plus
- Experience developing cloud-based solutions is a plus
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about creating products to solve problems no one has tackled before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled opportunity to build the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top