Senior Software Engineer (Cloud Service)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We're seeking innovators - engineers who seek to design new products, designing state-of-the-art products that do not exist today. These engineers love to code with a commitment to build global products and bring new ideas to develop security disciplines to tackle real-world problems. We are looking for leaders who take ownership of their areas of focus and who are driven to pursue problems at every level. Collaboration is at the heart of our culture and we need engineers who can communicate at a high level and work well with multi-functional teams towards achieving a common goal.
You will be part of a team that is responsible for building our latest SaaS and Public Cloud security management products. Our fast-growing cloud service provides next-generation security for enterprise cloud and data center deployments. If you are a Cloud Engineer that has experience building Micro Services on public cloud platforms, then this job is for you!
- Execute on the software development strategy to enhance our fast-moving cloud solution
- Design, Develop and Implement scalable microservice based cloud solutions
- Commit to building a CI/CD solution for efficient and automated delivery of Micro Services
- Understand and implement software development/engineering lifecycle concepts to drive features from conception to delivery
- Collaborate closely with the product management, dev-ops, and QA teams to achieve quality releases
- Work hand-in-hand with DevOps to quickly address production issues ensuring Customer Success
- Build and Own Kubernetes clusters for development teams
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience building large scale distributed solutions
- 3+ years of experience building scalable micro-services using Kubernetes Container Engine in public/private cloud such as AWS/Google/Azure
- Experience with deployment tools such as Terraform and Ansible
- Skilled with Python, Golang, Java and/or C for building modular solutions
- Experience building solutions compatible with Jenkins for enabling CI/CD
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Can-do attitude on problem-solving, quality and ability to execute
- Be a self-starter, able to learn independently and adapt fast
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about creating products to solve problems no one has tackled before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled opportunity to build the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversitywebsite.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top