Senior Software Engineer (Client/Server Infrastructure)
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We foster a culture of innovation, authenticity, and collaboration. This focus helps to advance our mission of protecting our way of life in the digital age. Our people make this possible. It’s in our everyday interactions, how we work together and treat each other, that sets Palo Alto Networks apart from other organizations. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
You will be responsible for building a scalable architecture, design and development of the central management solutions to manage Palo Alto Networks’ next-generation firewall.
- Actively participate and collaborate with team members to develop next-generation architecture.
- Define and scope new features for firewall appliance and central management software.
- Design, develop and maintain control plane infrastructure and features.
- Work with different development and quality assurance groups to achieve best quality. Suggest and implement improvements to development processes.
- Improve scale and performance of central management software.
- Development in Linux platform.
- Client/Server, distributed system development experience.
- Excellent C programming skills.
- Experience developing cluster solutions is desirable
- Experience with Zookeeper/Kafka or other messaging systems is a plus
- Network appliance development experience is a plus.
- Experience with appliance configuration management is a plus.
- Experience developing for cloud is a plus.
- MS/BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.
Our Security Operating Platform is built for automation. It is easy to operate, with capabilities that work together, so customers can prevent successful cyberattacks. They can use analytics to automate routine tasks, so they can focus on what matters. We are known for continuously delivering innovations; and with Application Framework, we extend that to an open ecosystem of developers that benefit from our customers’ existing investment in data, sensors, and enforcement points.
Back to top