Senior Software Engineer (Application Framework)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
With Application Framework, we’re building the foundations of the next inflection point in the security industry by combining our deep expertise in security with the state of the art in large-scale infrastructure for data processing and machine learning (Think exabytes of data).
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to design, develop and deliver next-generation technologies within our Application Framework team that bridges cloud-based data processing and security disciplines to solve real-world problems. You will build large-scale distributed software systems in Java, Python and other languages using open source technologies like Hadoop, Kafka, Redis, Spark, Flink etc., and other proprietary technologies.
We need passionate engineers who love to code and build great products. Engineers who bring new ideas in all facets of software development. We are looking for leaders who take ownership of their areas of focus and who are driven to solve problems at every level. Collaboration and partnership are at the heart of our culture and we need engineers who can communicate at a high level and work well with others towards achieving a common goal.
This is an unrivaled opportunity to help build the products and practices that will support our growth over the next decade. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the role for you. If you have an ambitious spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
- Design, develop and implement different architectural models for our scalable data processing, as well as scalable data storage
- Adapt to conventional Big Data frameworks and tools with the use-cases required by the project
- Work with different development and quality assurances groups to achieve the best quality
- Suggest and implement improvements to the development process
- Work with research teams and data scientists, finding bottlenecks and resolving them
- Build tools for proper data ingestion from multiple heterogeneous sources
- Interview, mentor, and coach new team members
- Career-level of experience in design and implementation in an environment with hundreds of terabytes of data
- Career-level of experience with large data processing tools such as Hadoop, HBase, Elastic Search, Flink, Kafka, etc.
- Career-level of experience with Java development
- Go-getter and eager to absorb new emerging technologies
- Passion for doing research on large data sets containing ill-formatted data
- Can-do attitude on problem-solving, quality and ability to execute
- Enjoys working with many different teams with tight-knit collaboration and communications skills
- High energy and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about creating products to solve problems no one has tackled before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled opportunity to build the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top