Senior SOC Analyst
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age. It’s inspired by our vision: a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t simple statements. They won’t be easy either – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the nature of cybersecurity as we are.
Come join Palo Alto Networks as a Sr SOC Analyst on the Information Security team. As a member of the Security Operations Center group within InfoSec, you’ll push the limits of what’s possible in the area of threat detection.
Our SOC operates differently from most SOCs; Most SOCs are drowning in alerts. Our unique approach enables all the members of our SOC team to split their time evenly between alert analysis, threat hunting and a variety of SOC projects. Our SOC analysts both analyze and build.
At Palo Alto Networks, we “sip our own champagne” by protecting our global organization with the innovative security products that we build and sell to our customers. We are looking for an individual to perform in a key role; Build new threat alerts, hunt for advanced threats, and lead incident response activities from our Tel Aviv office. You’ll help us demonstrate what it means to truly disrupt the traditional SOC model.
With your passion for threat detection, coupled with your desire to hunt for and stop cyber bad guys, you will join a team of highly motivated SOC Analysts and Engineers at the fastest growing security company in history.
- Using our own Next Generation technology (XDR, Demisto, our Next-Generation Firewalls and Prisma products) to perform alert triage and incident response activities.
- Lead investigations and uncover issues by analyzing security events and coordinating responses.
- Triage escalated security events and perform an in-depth event review and analysis where appropriate including the ability to troubleshoot an event, research the potential cause, and recommend a course of action.
- Use threat intelligence to hunt for indications of compromise in log data and utilize our own endpoint security tool, XDR.
- Coordinate incident response activities, including written and verbal communication with stakeholders.
- Manage handoffs at shift boundaries with the US-based SOC team for any open response activities.
- Schedule and run “after-action” reviews of completed incident response activities.
- Identify and track security improvements identified during incidents or as part of a review.
- Document and communicate repeatable processes and procedures for Incident Response based on best practices.
- Desire to monitor and engage with the greater information security industry - tracking security trends with the goal of potential improvements in our own processes or tools.
- Ability to work with a team or independently with minimal supervision.
- 4+ years experience with security operations, performing security incident management and network/endpoint monitoring for medium to large organizations.
- Highly motivated and desire to detect bad guys, and understand complex situations
- Strong communication skills and experience working in the enterprise.
- Strong familiarity with security technologies in general, both at the host and network level.
- Knowledge of Palo Alto Networks products.
- Working knowledge of a SIEM.
- Scripting experience and experience developing/integrating security tools using APIs.
- Experience with Forensic Analysis (EnCase or similar) is a plus.
Serious mission, fun culture; We’re not your ordinary Information Security team. We’re a diverse group of security professionals that embraces challenging the status quo in order to protect Palo Alto Networks and our customers. They say it’s the people you work with that make you want to go to work and it’s true here; we love our work.
You’ll be driving innovation on the Information Security team of the fastest-growing high-tech cybersecurity company. Join the brightest minds in technology, and our global teams who are on the front line of defense against cyberattacks.
We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill every time we beat the bad guys.
We hope to meet you soon!
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top