Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Cloud Application Infrastructure)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks has been rapidly moving towards the future where cloud-based applications are increasingly common. With this transition, our IT department aligns with a tradition engineering organization and our IT SRE team is no exception. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will develop the frameworks and pathways to help move our internal applications to microservices. You will be a critical link between IT Applications and the Infrastructure Platform, building Infrastructure as Code and working in partnership with the App developers to deploy the applications in GCP and AWS.
As a member of SRE team, you will work on producing mission-critical platforms, tools, and processes that will ensure highest levels of availability and reliability of all our applications. We need creative and innovative problem solvers who can partner with our Application development teams to make their services more useable. Our SRE team is furnished with a standout opportunity to build tools, frameworks, and cloud platforms that will support our company's growth over the next decade. If you are a self-starter and jump on new ideas to make the platform more stable, secure and feature rich, this is your new career.
- Write automation code for provisioning and operating infrastructure at massive scale
- Design, build and operate Cloud infrastructure to enable reliable and rapid deployment of microservices with effective monitoring and resilient operations
- Work with development teams to make sure the applications is production ready, scalable and reliable from the grounds up
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for code deployment, management and visibility of application services
- Develop tools and framework to automate operational tasks, deployment of machines, services, applications
- Establish end-to-end monitoring and alerting on all critical components of the application
- Participate in the on-call rotation supporting the platform and or the production application
- Directs root cause analysis of critical business and production issues
- Develop and mentor other SREs on standard methodology from Infra orchestration and troubleshooting application service in production
- Represent SRE in design reviews and work cross-functionally with Engineering teams on operational readiness
- Expertise in configuration management with a framework such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet or Terraform
- 7+ years of experience in DevOps, Site Reliability, or infrastructure engineering for a web company
- 7+ years expertise in AWS or GCP cloud computing and its related services
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Strong experience with Linux and MySQL
- Proficiency with a programming language like Python, Go and shell scripting to automate tasks
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipeline, GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory and Sonar Cube
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, communication, and teamwork skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, able to collaborate and rally support
- Familiarity with Application/microservices security and Web App Firewall
- Passion for automation and monitoring instrumentation in the code
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Self-disciplined, self-managed, self-motivated and strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex distributed systems handling high volume transactions
- Passionate to learn, understand, and dissect new technology stack quickly on own
- Strong fundamentals in HTTP including HTTP headers, Process and System API services
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, creating, building, and supporting tools and that enable our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving technical gaps that inhibit productivity.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversitywebsite.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top