Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Behavior Analytics)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to THE best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps SRE to work remotely with our Israel-based team to operate in production a large scale GCP cloud running our innovative SaaS cyber-security product, while continuously improving application deployment, monitoring, operability and uptime of the service.
Magnifier® behavioral analytics technology uses sophisticated machine learning to quickly, efficiently and accurately identify attacks based on detecting behavioral anomalies inside the network. With the recent acquisition of LightCyber by Palo Alto Networks, we are working together now to integrate this award-winning technology into the Palo Alto Networks Security Platform and deliver an innovative solution that will help customers to prevent cyber breaches throughout the entire attack life cycle.
The attack visibility group specializes in analysis and visualization of complex cyber-data gathered by the Palo Alto Networks products. It combines high-performance algorithms, deep understanding of modern databases, advanced visualization and high-end UI/UX.
- Work closely and in full coordination with the Israel-based DevOps team to provide follow-the-sun operational coverage in the production of our SaaS product
- Build automated tools for cloud operations such as automated remediation of known issues, auto-scaling, etc.
- Work with our Israel-based Engineering team and influence the operability of the product
- Work with the HQ-based DevOps team for knowledge and tools sharing
- Write automation code and build tools to integrate multiple on-premise, private and public cloud services
- 5+ years as a DevOps operations engineer with a passion for technology and strong motivation and responsibility for high reliability and service level
- Ability to operate independently, make decisions, take action and take responsibility
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work and coordinate between multiple teams
- High proficiency in scripting – Shell scripts & Python preferred.
- High proficiency with Linux
- High proficiency with virtualized and containerized environments (OpenStack, VMWare, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Ability to grasp new technologies quickly and prioritize and multitask on multiple responsibilities
- Advantage: proficiency with Google Cloud Platform operations
- Advantage: proficiency with CI/CD and Configuration Management, Jenkins and Salt preferred
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about creating products to solve problems no one has tackled before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled opportunity to build the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top