Senior Professional Services Consultant, Endpoint - Japan
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As the Senior Professional Services Consultant (Sr. PSC), you will provide onsite and/or remote deployment and configuration expertise relating to Palo Alto Networks equipment for Endpoint solution. You will function as the Palo Alto Networks products Subject Matter Expert (SME) and will interact directly with the customer's personnel and or project teams providing leadership, technical direction, interpretation, and alternatives to the best practice deployment of Palo Alto Networks products and solutions.
You’ll contribute to the development of new methodologies and concepts within the Professional Services organization, provides feedback on field experience as it relates to product development, works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious. This is a highly technical, hands-on role and the Sr. PSC will be required to develop and maintain an expertise on the products and solutions to be deployed within any customer's network.
- Migrate customers from legacy Solution to Palo Alto Networks Endpoint solution
- Build custom security policies and application signatures
- Develop and maintain expertise in deploying advanced features and functionality
- Analyze logs and events from the solution to perform initial troubleshooting and issue identification
- Interact with the TAC to troubleshoot and diagnose support cases
- Maintain the solution and provide guidance on code upgrades, etc.
- Ensure client needs are met and deliverables produced on time according to specified project deliverables/scope
- Clear and consistent communication with customers, Sales and Professional Services Project Management and Management team
- Other tasks and duties as needed to support the customer and/or business
- Travel (50-60%) to customer site deploying solutions as outlined by the Statement of Work (SOW)
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, business, or equivalent education/training/experience
- 5+ years’ experience managing security solutions in large environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of different security threats
- Excellent understanding of and troubleshooting skills related to networking, routing, IP, NAT, IPSCc, VPNs and how these interact with applications and users
- Detailed technical experience in the installation, configuration, and operation of high-end firewall appliances, ideally Palo Alto Networks products
- Ability to document and template necessary documentation packages for customers as defined
- Ability to work on a team or lead a team depending upon the specified project
- Ability to provide complex solutions in customer environments and execute/document said solutions by self or as a team leader
- Ability to effectively juggle and manage many different tasks simultaneously
- Scripting experience - Python/PHP/Perl is a plus
- Demonstrated project leadership and management skills are desirable
- Having CISSP, PCNSE, CCIE-Security/Routing and Switching, JNCIE-SEC/ENT, CCSE, CCSM, ITIL, PMP, certifications are helpful
Our professional services team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients post-sale. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves.
As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised. But you won’t wait for them to be raised, you’ll seek them out, too. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top