Senior Product Manager (Threat Prevention)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
Palo Alto Networks is building a world-class product management organization and continues to look for world-class product managers to expand the team. As a Product Manager for Threat Prevention, at Palo Alto Networks, you will be responsible for developing and driving products to detect and prevent command and control traffic initiated by malware from infected endpoints that match the level of innovation found throughout our product portfolio.
You will be involved with the development of cloud delivered security services to help our customers prevent successful cyberattacks, at all stages of the product life cycle (conception, definition, development, release and post-release activities), feature selection and tactical activities. You will also work very closely with product managers across our broader team.
To be successful in this position you possess a combination of strong business insight and technical skills as well as have a real passion for driving Cloud services and security, while bridging customer business requirements with trends in the threat landscape. Be comfortable with frequent interaction with customers, prospects and industry analysts presenting our solution and explaining our security value while understanding and articulating their requirements. A successful track record of working closely with the Engineering and clear communication of business goals in technical terms.
- Translate customer business needs into product strategy and technology requirements as part of market and product requirements
- Develop, lead, and communicate product roadmap to customers, prospects and all internal key team members
- Drive engineering team and deliver high-quality products
- Work with the product marketing team and to develop compelling sales tools and marketing content to support sales and field marketing teams
- Work with NPI, certification, professional services, support, and education team, to ensure your products get coverages by these cross-functional teams
- Drive product pricing and go-to-market decisions
- BS/MS in a technical field
- Strong desire to take ownership of the full product lifecycle
- 3+ years Product management experience in security domains
- 3+ years in the cloud, network security or related markets
- Expertise in one or more areas preferred: Firewall, IPS, URL Filtering
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong teammate able to lead and give support to cross-functional teams
- Experience in dynamic environments with overlapping projects/deliverables
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills required
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.
Our organization and employees are committed to changing as rapidly as our industry’s threats do, and to do that, we need creative product teams to address emerging cyber threats. They provide the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information on our products for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping implementing product wide technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top