Senior Principal Cloud Security Engineer (DevSecOps)
- Santa Clara, CA
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Senior DevSecOps Engineer in the Prisma Cloud team, you will be responsible for the design and development of innovative security solutions for protecting data deployed into the cloud. You’ll develop and sustain the security vision and strategy for our deployments across infrastructure and software, leveraging Palo Alto Networks products where applicable. Furthermore, you will be both hands-on technical and influential, where you will be expected to directly communicate with cross-functional teams in Product Management, Development, and DevOps/SRE to drive security throughout the entire product.
- Through close collaboration with teams, ensure the adoption of security best practices across the entire application lifecycle. You’re someone that possesses strong knowledge of security from infrastructure through application and wants to help people apply it
- Help coordinate and drive compliance efforts such as FedRAMP, SOC2, and HIPAA. While you’re not necessarily an expert in all compliance domains, you’ve designed controls and helped see them through implementation
- Improve security reporting, including coordinating vulnerability management, penetration testing, and infrastructure compliance. You want to share the overall security story including the use of dashboards and ensure that deviance from the norm is visible and acted upon appropriately
- Define and implement security tooling with the goal of improving coverage and time to action. Many security tools exist both here and in the wild, but you’ll define the portfolio and ensure adoption of the right set for us
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in cloud security
- Security tooling and best practices, such as pre-commit/pre-receive hooks, dependency scanning, SAST, vulnerability management, etc.
- Experience in software security testing, methodologies, and frameworks
- Integration, design, and architecture of AWS and/or GCP services into IAM platforms
- Microservice architecture expertise and best practices in securing APIs across multi-cloud environments
- Expertise in software development using Python or Golang
- Hands-on experience in container-based deployments and orchestration tools (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, EKS, GKE, Terraform)
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both the business and technical sides of the business
- Contributions to open-source tools, particularly security tools a plus
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about creating products to solve problems no one has tackled before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled opportunity to build the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Back to top