Senior Manager of Technical Accounting
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
Palo Alto Networks is the network security company. Our innovative security operating platform empowers enterprises, service providers, and government entities to secure their organizations by safely enabling applications and data running in their networks, on their endpoints, and in the cloud, and by preventing breaches that stem from targeted cyberattacks. More than 51,000 end-customers in over 150 countries use Palo Alto Networks products. For more information, visit www.paloaltonetworks.com.
The Senior Technical Accounting Manager will report to the Director of External Reporting and Technical Accounting and provide technical accounting guidance on complex accounting issues and transactions as well as play a key role in understanding and adopting new accounting literature.
- Work cross-functionally on contemplated business transactions to ensure relevant accounting issues are identified, debated, resolved, and appropriately documented in high quality technical accounting memorandums (Recent transactions have included acquisitions, hedging, software capitalization, leases, legal settlements, debt and equity offerings, etc.)
- Research new accounting guidance from the FASB, IASB, SEC and other regulatory bodies, including evaluating the impact of new guidance on the Company’s financial statements
- Support educational efforts on accounting and finance related issues, including new accounting guidance or new corporate policies
- Support the External Reporting team with technical reviews of complex financial statement footnotes in SEC filings
- Assist in the preparation and review of Company-wide accounting and finance policies, including the revision of existing policies and creation of new policies as new accounting standards are adopted
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 9+ years experience with at least 5 years in Big 4 public accounting
- Active CPA license
- Strong understanding of GAAP and the ability to clearly document and communicate and present complex accounting and reporting issues to finance and non-finance management
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Critical thinker who can foresee potential obstacles and propose alternative approaches
- Experience building relationships and working directly with senior executives
- Lifelong learner who is passionate about their subject matter expertise and emerging trends
- High proficiency in MS Office
Back to top