Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting
- Santa Clara, CA
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for a Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting to the team to help drive financial accounting quality and efficiencies under robust internal controls through the Company’s continued high pace of growth. This person will be responsible for internal financial reporting, lease accounting, capitalized software accounting, hedge/derivative accounting, and will work with cross-functional teams to support projects and implement process improvements in a fast-paced environment. Will be responsible for managing a small team of highly motivated and talented individuals.
- Prepare and maintain consolidated financial statements.
- Research, resolve and operationalize complex and non-routine accounting transactions.
- Prepare periodic and ad hoc financial reporting and analysis.
- Establish accounting policies, practices and procedures.
- Monitor accounting operations to ensure compliance with policies, practices and procedures.
- Oversee significant projects such as system implementations to ensure proper risk mitigation considerations and procedures are implemented.
- Manage derivative/hedge accounting, analysis and reporting under ASC 815.
- Manage accounting and analysis under foreign currency transactions under ASC 830.
- Manage lease accounting in accordance with ASC 842.
- Manage accounting for capitalized software for internal use under ASC 350.
- Support investment and debt accounting and reporting.
- Review monthly balance sheet account reconciliations for various accounts, ensuring accuracy and adherence to GAAP and Company policies.
- Support monthly closing activities by preparing or reviewing accurate journal entries.
- Engage with external and internal auditors to address audit requirements.
- Partner with cross-functional teams on a regular basis to identify areas for improvement and solve problems.
- Identify actionable insights and suggest recommendations to address issues and improve accounting processes/efficiencies.
- Assist with other projects and responsibilities as required.
- Responsibilities will continue to expand and transform over time as Palo Alto Networks continues to rapidly grow.
- Minimum BA/BS degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 7+ years of related experience; previous Big 4 experience a plus
- Strong foundation in technical accounting relevant to a large technology company
- Experience with SAP and/or other large ERP systems is a plus
- Experience with Hedge Tracker and/or other similar derivative reporting systems is a plus
- Highly proficient with Excel and comfortable working with different IT applications
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized and prioritize deadlines in fast paced environment
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- Analytical mind-set to approaching problems and strong attention to detail
- Promotes teamwork and works well with others
- Energetic, positive attitude and always looking for ways to improve
You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our accounting department deals with numbers daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, building solutions and providing accurate, insightful financial information to empower our business lines. The ideal candidate has exceptional skills in accounting and analytics and an innovative mindset to approach finance problems differently. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within finance and accounting, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business critical equations. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a world-wide impact – this is it.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Back to top