Senior Malware Research Engineer
Palo Alto Networks® is a revolutionary and dynamic company creating next generation enterprise security products. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual who wants to contribute and make a difference, this job is for you!
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.
Our Security Operating Platform is built for automation. It is easy to operate, with capabilities that work together, so customers can prevent successful cyberattacks. They can use analytics to automate routine tasks, so they can focus on what matters. We are known for continuously delivering innovations; and with Application Framework, we extend that to an open ecosystem of developers that benefit from our customers’ existing investment in data, sensors, and enforcement points.
As a member of the Malware and Countermeasures (MAC) Team, you will be working closely with a globally distributed team of a dozen reverse engineers. Your time will be divided between picking apart various classes of malware and side projects to improve our team workflows and company products
- Reverse engineer malware via static and dynamic methods
- Collaboration with our Threat Intelligence team to analyze and develop detection coverage for the latest threats
- Implement automated malware analysis tools
- Research and prototype novel automated malware detection techniques
- Communicate with product engineering teams to improve detection efficacy in our ecosystem of products
- Proficiency in Python, C, and/or C++
- Experience in malware analysis and reverse engineering in x86/x64
- Experience with debuggers such as windbg, gdb, ollydbg
- Familiar with disassemblers such as IDA Pro or Binary Ninja
- Development experience with malware analysis automation, such as IDA plugins, sandboxing, triage tools, etc.
- Experience with mobile malware a plus
- Experience with various classes of document malware also a plus
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Back to top