Senior IT Software Engineer (Java and Microservices)
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history and a four-time Gartner Magic Quadrant leader for our innovation and ability to execute. Named best place to work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal, we offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job may be for you!
Join a dynamic and fast-paced team of seasoned fellow engineers designing and developing multi-tiered applications in a rapidly growing company for both consumers and to support our internal operations. You will work on our business applications, implementing features across the entire stack. Accomplish business requirements by developing and maintaining software applications and databases hosted in a cloud.
- Identify business requirements by establishing personal rapport with actual, potential and internal clients
- Design, develop, test, and document scalable, high-quality business applications
- Recommend alternate approaches, analyze impacts, and provide sizing estimates Collaborate with other cross platform team members to build effective integrations
- Participate in design sessions and code reviews
- Work with business requirement stakeholders to design, develop and refine the graphical user experience of an application
- Confirms program operation by conducting unit, system and integration tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes as necessary
- Prepare project related documentation, GAP analysis, functional specifications, design specifications, and complete development activities including reports, interfaces, conversions, enhancements, and forms during different stages of a project.
- Experience in designing and developing applications and services using SOA methodology
- Experience with developing Single Page Applications using React.js and Redux
- Experience with developing applications leveraging Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Strong understanding of integrated flows for customer support processes
- Must be comfortable accessing and manipulating various web and local data sources such as relational and NOSQL databases, RESTful API’s calls
- Learn and adapt to new programming languages and technologies on an as-needed basis
- Communicate project status and needs to the team and project lead to minimize any impact of change
- Must have experience debugging, logging and tracking issues
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related degree
- Java, Spring Boot, Node.js, React.js, Redux, Linux, MVC, MySQL, Visual Studio, GIT, WCF, WebAPI, Exress.js, Hapi.js, IIS, AWS, Docker, Jira, Confluence and others
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top