Senior IT Big Data Engineer
Palo Alto Networks® is a revolutionary and dynamic company creating next generation enterprise security products. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual who wants to contribute and make a difference, this job is for you!
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.
Our Security Operating Platform is built for automation. It is easy to operate, with capabilities that work together, so customers can prevent successful cyberattacks. They can use analytics to automate routine tasks, so they can focus on what matters. We are known for continuously delivering innovations; and with Application Framework, we extend that to an open ecosystem of developers that benefit from our customers’ existing investment in data, sensors, and enforcement points.
Our daily fight with cyber bad guys requires us to collect and analyze a lot of data…. a LOT of data! And, as our customer base continues its rapid growth, we must look at faster and more robust tools to help us and our customers make the best decisions possible.
With your knowledge of Hadoop and Big Data technologies, you will add your tools-building superpowers to a small team tasked with building out a DevOps automation environment, one that will step up our Business Intelligence game and help us protect our customers from cyber intruders.
We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
- As a Big Data Engineer, you will be an integral member of our Big Data & Analytics team responsible for design and development
- Partner with data analyst, product owners and data scientists, to better understand requirements, finding bottlenecks, resolutions, etc.
- You will be an SME for all things ‘Big Data’ as well as mentor other team members.
- Design and develop different architectural models for our scalable data processing as well as scalable data storage
- Build data pipelines and ETL using heterogeneous sources
- You will build data ingestion from various source systems to Hadoop using Kafka, Flume, Sqoop, Spark Streaming etc.
- You will transform data using data mapping and data processing capabilities like MapReduce, Spark SQL
- You will be responsible to ensure that the platform goes through Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) with DevOps automation
- Expands and grows data platform capabilities to solve new data problems and challenges
- Supports Big Data and batch/real time analytical solutions leveraging transformational technologies like Apache Beam
- You will have the ability to research and assess open source technologies and components to recommend and integrate into the design and implementation
- You will work with development and QA teams to design Ingestion Pipelines, Integration APIs, and provide Hadoop ecosystem services
- 3-5 years of experience with the Hadoop ecosystem and Big Data technologies
- Career level software development experience
- Ability to dynamically adapt to conventional big-data frameworks and tools with the use-cases required by the project
- Hands-on experience with the Hadoop eco-system (HDFS, MapReduce, Hbase, Hive, Impala, Spark, Kafka, Kudu, Solr)
- Experience with building stream-processing systems using solutions such as spark-streaming, Storm or Flink etc
- Experience in other open-sources like Druid, Elastic Search, Logstash etc is a plus
- Knowledge of design strategies for developing scalable, resilient, always-on data lake
- Some knowledge of agile(scrum) development methodology is a plus
- Strong development/automation skills. Must be very comfortable with reading and writing Scala, Python or Java code.
- Excellent inter-personal and teamwork skills
- Can-do attitude on problem solving, quality and ability to execute
- Degree in Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top