Senior International Tax Analyst
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
We are looking for a top-notch Senior Tax Analyst - International Taxes to join the tax team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, strategic thinker, great communicator, and enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents in a dynamic fast-paced environment. While the primary focus would be supporting the foreign entities tax provision, reporting and compliance initiatives, various projects will enable this person to work cross-functionally. This position is based in Santa Clara and reporting to Manager of International Tax.
Responsibilities may include the following:
- Prepare and review the quarterly and annual international tax provision and deferred tax roll forwards.
- Prepare and review current and deferred foreign tax accounts roll forwards and reconciliation.
- Prepare U.S. workpapers for information reported on federal tax return forms 5471s and 8858s.
- Optimize use of technology to maximize end to end efficiency of provision and compliance processes. Work with key stakeholders to plan and implement changes.
- Assist with calculations of Subpart F, E&P, GILTI, FDII and foreign tax credit balances.
- Assist in special projects including tax planning projects, tax modeling and acquisition integration work.
- Assist with tax research of local country tax requirements, analysis of tax consequences of expansion to new regions, transactions, and projects relating to other business initiatives.
- Review of foreign statutory financial statements and foreign tax returns.
- Assist with external service providers in the preparation and review of foreign income tax returns.
- Maintain global tax calendar, coordinate internally and with outside service provides regarding filing obligations and due dates to ensure accurate and timely filing of tax returns.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with key SOX controls related to tax procedures.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of tax experience.
- Masters of Taxation degree and/or CPA a plus.
- Bachelor of Accounting degree or equivalent.
- Experience in tax provision and tax planning models involving multinational corporations.
- Experience with US international forms.
- Strong accounting and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in OneSource Tax software, Excel, Word.
- Experience with SAP a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented & ability to multi-task.
Back to top